This is one of the first problems I discovered with my T-Mobile (UK) MDA Vario IV (the UK version of the HTC Touch Pro for sale on T-Mobile) and I cannot see that this is the only device that is affected by this. The issue was a problem where the caller ID would not be found for either SMS messages or Phone calls. This was because when I was receiving a phone call on T-Mobile the number would be displayed without the country code (e.g. 07123456789) and when I received a text from the same person their number would be displayed with the country code (e.g. +447123456789). The problem was that if the contact was saved without the country code their name would only be displayed only for their phone calls and if their number was saved with the country code then their name would only be displayed with their texts. If you also have this problem then this is how you can fix it:
- Download and install the latest version of mdSoft CeRegEditor which can be found on the mdSoft CeRegEditor Download page
- After installing you will need to connect your device via ActiveSync then start mdSoft CeRegEditor. (Please not that if you are using Windows 7 or Windows Vista then you may need to “Run as Administrator” for the connection to be successfully established by right clicking and clicking “Run as Administrator”)
- To connect click F1 or click connect in the top left of mdSoft CeRegEditor.
- Either search for CallIDMatch or navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Phone and find CallIDMatch
- Double click CallIDMatch and then change the value to 10 (as far as I know this is the number of digits which must match for the caller ID to be assosiated – both +447123456789 and 07123456789 from our earlier example share 10 digits in common so this is value that should be set)
- Click OK then close mdSoft CeRegEditor.
- Safely remove your phone from the computer then reset your device.
After following those steps, it should be fixed! Simplest way to test is to get someone to phone you and then text you.
[cb]T-Mobile[/cb] [cb]HTC[/cb] [cb type=”product”]CeRegEditor[/cb]