I am testing if it is posible to write a blog post natively from my Windows Mobile phone using Opera Mobile 10 Beta. By the looks of it it is possible and the WordPress admin panel is surprisingly eay to navigate using my mobile! However, it does appear that you can only write blogs in the HTML view and NOT by using the WYSIWYG editor. This is unfortunate, but for basic blogging it should not be too difficult to adapt to! Posting images may become a problem but what you have to remember is that I would not use my mobile as my primary editor for my blog.


If you have never watched Star Trek you probably wont know what I am on about for the first part of this blog but you should still find this pretty interesting! In Star Trek their is a device, on-board the star ships called a replicator.

“…a replicator is a machine capable of creating (and recycling) objects. Replicators were originally seen used to synthesize meals on demand…”

What a crazy idea! Like something that far fetched would ever become reality? Well…. Although scientificically and technologically the idea would be imposible (as far as I can see) the concept of a machine that can “synthesize meals on demand” is a reality. Marcelo Coelho and Amit Zoran from MIT recenly posted a concept design of the Cornucopia.

Cornucopia: Digital Gastronomy

Cornucopia: Digital Gastronomy

This inovation brings us one step closer to fiction becoming reality and shows that the people at MIT willing “To boldly go where no man has gone before”

[cb type=”financial”]MIT[/cb]


I am now selling WavePing.com on a GoDaddy. I am hopping to raise as much money as I can as all profits will go towards my new computer, my sites and all sorts of new stuff for FabTekTastic. If you are interested in this domain then please follow this link. The domain was purchase for use with Google Wave and baring in mind that there is a feature on Google Wave called “pinging” then this could be a valuable domain to a developer. Please bid if you are interested and share this wherever you can so that it gets more people bidding! 🙂


As you may know, over the last week, if you tried accessing any of the sites on the FabTekTastic Server 1 (which is pretty much all of them at the moment) you would have been given a message saying, “This Account Has Been Suspended” as screen-shotted bellow.

What every site on the FTT Server 1 looked like for a week

What every site on the FTT Server 1 looked like for a week

This problem was first reported by @MelissaAmbrose_ (my best friend) and later spotted that day by me when I went to make a blog post last Friday, about the building of my new computer. After seeing the message and reading “contact the billing/support department” I presumed that I must have not paid my invoice for the next year. However, I was soon to discover that this may not have been the case. I logged into the Billing System for my host and hunted for an unpaid invoice; after rummaging around all over the billing system, it would have appeared that there was no invoice to pay and that the account was still active. Despite this, I was still pretty sure it was due to an unpaid bill so I did as the message said and contact the Billing Department for my host asking how to pay my invoice.

After 2 days (on Monday which was the next working day for the Billing Department) I got a response. In that response I was told that my account had not been suspended due to an unpaid invoice but due to a breech in the TOS! I was shocked and outraged by this as I have fully read the TOS and under my knowledge I had not broken any of the rules! I contacted them back trying to explain any misconception that they may have gained from the content of any of my sites or any of the files stored on my server and then requested some information on what files were the cause of the suspension.

When they replied to this everything was explained! There had been a big and quit stupid mistake made. My account was holding back-ups of the server itself that the cPanel had created. Had they just told me I would have happily removed them, which is what I am currently in the process of doing at the moment! I am downloading each of the back-ups (totalling about 40GB) to my computer and will then delete them from the server!


This is just a quick little blog post to get me back into my blogging. I just did a test using SunSpider on an (admitedly) not very powerful computer and got some interesting results! Both Firefox and Chrome were tested on the same computer to make it fair and just look how much faster Google Chrome was!

SunSpider JavaScript benchmark result comparison from Mozilla Firefox to Google Chrome.

SunSpider JavaScript benchmark result comparison from Mozilla Firefox to Google Chrome. Click to view in full size!

It was overall, 6.22 times faster than Mozilla Firefox! This shows that Google has gone to allot of effort to increase the speed at which JS is handled. For a more in-depth look at my results, here are the links to each:

I will be posting some more tests that I run in the near future to see if I get the same results on different computers and then do a full analysis of my results! Watch this space…

Oh and if you want to get Google Chrome after seeing these results, you can download it here and if you like BETA versions click here!

[cb type=”product”]FireFox[/cb] [cb type=”product”]Google Chrome[/cb]